LAEDC 2013-2014 Economic Forecast and Industry Outlook
Overview on the Future of Film, TV and Digital Media in Los Angeles County
The Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation (LAEDC) held its annual Economic Forecast and Industry Outlook on Wednesday, February 20th at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles. The event began with a networking breakfast in the morning, followed by a program and forecast on the future of Film, TV and Digital Media in Los Angeles County.
Being that innovation plays such an important role in enhancing economic competitiveness within the Southern California region, the program focused on people and organizations that have continued to stretch the boundaries, proving to be true leaders in innovation. Guest speakers from the following organizations also presented their viewpoints from their respected fields:
- Bruce Cook, Ph.D. – chair of Filmmaking in the School of Media, Culture & Design – Woodbury University
- Karen Kerr, Ph.D. – Senior Director for New Ventures & Alliances – University of Southern California (USC)
- Robert A. Kleinhenz, Ph.D. – Chief Economist – Kyser Center for Economic Research, LAEDC
- Kimberly Ritter-Martinez – Associate Economist – Kyser Center for Economic Research, LAEDC
- David Wolf – Managing Director for Media & Entertainment Industry Group – Accenture
- Frank Mottek – Moderator – Anchor, Business Hour – KNX 1070 Newsradio
We would like to thank the LAEDC for holding this valuable educational forecast aimed at the future of our community.
A Newsletter for Our Clients, Our Shareholders and The Community
We hope you had a wonderful first quarter and are enjoying the spring air. This quarterly newsletter brings you important information on the Small Business Lending Fund, Helpful Tips for Data Privacy, an interview with our valued client The Original Fish Company, and more! Please enjoy and thank you for your continued support!
Sign up for our quarterly newsletter and stay updated with what’s happening at The Private Bank of California.